Thursday, September 2, 2010

lacy scarve


This is the lacy scarve I've been working on and off.

The pattern is from a crochet book I purchased in Taiwan.

I've used 3 balls of wool blend yarn from Switzerland.

According to the label, the "Astra" yarn is 80% Schurwolle and 20% Polyamid.

Each ball weights 50g and is approximately 100 meters long.

The yarn can be handwashed and ironed.

I found about 10 balls of this pink yarn and a half-finished sweater at my mom's second floor workroom in Taichung. That workroom is primarily a sewing room with a lot of old fabric, threads, zippers, bottons etc. Further investigation reveals that the sweater was my sister's handwork. The sweater has a few small holes, possibly by some bugs. With my sister's permit, I start using the leftover yarns for this scarve. I want to crochet something quick and easy when I'm chatting with my mom at home or hospital. She sometimes laments how tedious to crochet fabric. Sometimes she suggests that I should crochet a vest. She said it's easy if you know how to make a pattern. She still thinks like a tailor.

1 comment:

Amy T said...

that looks very nice!
I found this pattern I really like if you are interested in crocheting another scarf. I would do it myself but I don't have time.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/luna-lovegood-scarf